Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Particulars

Here are the "Top 5" quirky things about Paige right now. This being "3" thing is no easy task She has become quite particular about many things and I wanted to write them down before I forgot them or before she stops doing them.


1) Paige is obsessed with the concept of time (even though she has no understanding of it). She even has a favorite time of the day: 4 o'clock. She asks at least 3 times a day what time it is and then will follow it up with, "Is it 4 o'clock?"

2) When Paige asks for a snack, she always wants "5 of them". So, if I give her animal crackers, she just wants five put in her bowl.

3) She just decided that she likes gummy bears but only likes white ones.

4) Being 3 has brought on a new-found timidness about certain activities. There are things that Paige loved to do when she was two, but won't even consider now. (For example: carousal rides, tubing, jet skiing with daddy....) When she is too scared to try something, she just says, "Um, maybe when I'm bigger like my daddy" or "Maybe next year when I'm four". Oh Paige.

5) Paige is going through a sleeping-on-the-floor phase. She doesn't fight going to bed, but just wants to sleep on the floor. Hmm.

As a mom, I have to say....three is quite a funny age. I love the quirkiness that comes with it and am constantly laughing at what Paige is discovering, saying and doing.

-------------------------------------

Will's not quite as particular at 20 months, but he is growing and changing like crazy. Here are a few things our little guy is up to:


1) Will does everything Paige does. If she yells for Gus to "Come Here, Gus!", you can hear Will echo, "Ca He, Ga!" If Paige starts running down the hall, you can be certain Will's feet will come stomping right behind her.

2) Ruff continues to be Will's best buddy. We're working on keeping him in our crib, which some days goes better than others!! If you remember when we lost the one Ruff, I bought a replacement for him. Same dog, but much newer, cleaner and smells much better! Well, Will now loves to have not only Ruff, but the new dog (and Ruff look alike) in tow. He has affectionately named him "Bo" after Brett and Kate's dog

3) One, Two, Three, Four....Will's can now "count" to four. He loves to walk up the stairs all my himself and I hear him counting the stairs as he walks. We have counted many stairs this summer walking up and down from the beach so he's catching on!!

4) Will is in may ways the opposite of Paige. There is no doubt he is ALL boy - he loves running around, banging things, playing with cars and his "guys" (the action figures we get in Happy Meals). He also LOVES to wear hats. Frontwards, Backwards, doesn't really matter. He just loves having them on!

5) Our tall and very skinny boy is still a peanut, but growing by the day. We have switched him to 2T shirts and are about to start buying size 5 diapers. I went and bought him his first real pair of hard-soled shoes (which is he very proud of) and he is already in a size 6!! Will has 10 teeth and his 2 top eye teeth are close to coming in. Those eye teeth are just miserable so the poor guy is ready for them to break through!

3 comments:

Kate said...

What a great post! I can just picture each and every thing you describe. Miss you!

Dan and Holly said...

I love that she is sleeping on the floor..mainly because it makes me laugh. Hailey did this for a long time after turning two. So crazy! Age three brought about no covers in bed..all winter long! What will four bring...?

The Inspired Nester said...

Hi Guys! You are so cute :) Will, we have yet to hang out when you are awake ;) Paige, Natalie is asking to play with you every other day. Lets make it happen soon :)